Liam's Ticker

Liam

Liam's Pictures

Check out Liam's Pictures and info on Mommy's Website. (Journal entries from birth to 3 years, plus easy index of photos by month/year)

Monday, December 20, 2010

Mommy can pull her pants up

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, my son wandered in after having gotten up out of bed, and climbed onto my bed. He chattered on about random things, in between me chattering on about all the stuff that had to be done still. Suddenly, out of the blue, he says to me "Wow, mommy. You are REALLY good at that." I paused, wondering what I was really good at? Venting? Complaining? Talking too much? So I asked him what I was so good at.

"Putting your clothes on" was his response. I had just pulled my pants on, and he had paid enough attention to notice me doing this and that I had done it pretty quickly (for a pregnant woman, anyway). He has been putting on his own clothes for a little while now, but still struggles a bit with it at times, having to figure out the orientation of the clothing (tag in back, waistband at top), and making sure each leg goes down it's separate pant-leg, and then he has to stand up and pull them up all the way and untwist the band and...well, it's a lot of effort. And apparently something he thinks about enough to notice I didn't have those problems. So....

I am a pro at pulling up my pants. Yay for me (it's good to be admired by yours kids for something).

No comments:

Post a Comment