Liam's Ticker

Liam

Liam's Pictures

Check out Liam's Pictures and info on Mommy's Website. (Journal entries from birth to 3 years, plus easy index of photos by month/year)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Come out, Baby! It's safe here!"

This is one of the many things that Liam has said to the baby in my belly, in helping to try to get the baby to come out. I've been telling him we need to convince the baby to come out, and he's been doing a good job.



He's told the baby it's nice and cozy out here. That it's fun out here. That we are really nice and want to see the baby. To come sit in mommy's lap, or snuggle with us.



When I have picked the baby up from Daycare, he has told the baby to come out, that his playschool is nice, and that there is a baby room for the baby to go into. He has made room next to his seat on chairs and couches, saying that the baby can come out and sit next to him, that he has made a spot for him/her.



He has asked about the baby at times, wondering what it's doing or how it will come out, and he has told me that "it's okay, it won't really hurt to come out, I'll ask the baby to be careful". He sometimes tries to tickle the baby's feet.



He's remembering that the boy's name is Oliver, but still doesn't really remember Maia (maya). But he does go between saying it's a sister and a brother. And most adorable is when he comes over and just randomly gives my belly a kiss.



I am looking forward to the dynamic that Liam has with his new sibling. I am sure there will be some tough times, especially in the beginning when he realizes that the new baby is not all fun and games and is here to stay. But I feel so much better seeing the interest he has. And how sweet he is about it. And with me...he's shown an interest in taking care of me. I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment